Now that the votes are behind us and while the paid protesters continue, let’s take a deep breath and think about our economic future with the new administration [Note I didn’t say how do we “feel” about….]. Let’s be reasonable and rational.
If you’re reading this blog, you’re highly likely to be a businessman with a passion to see your business survive, thrive and even grow.
What will likely happen? Great question. Let’s look first at the new economic agenda:
- Tax cuts
- Lowering of the corporate rate to 15%
- Repeal of Obamacare
- Uptick in defense spending
- Energy independence
- Increased oil production and a “reset” of the coal industry
- Sweeping cutback on Federal regulation
- Renegotiation of trade deals
Now, politics and personal feelings aside, is there one thing in that list, one thing alone that wouldn’t have a significant impact of economic growth taken by itself?
Taken as a package, I’m bracing for an economic surge the likes of which we haven’t seen in our lifetime. If true, what to do?
- Get your marketing and advertising out ahead of the surge.
- Get your brand in the heads of consumers before they think about buying
- Establish your market share now so you’ll be the one who grows, not your competitor.
- A rising tide lifts all boats – I’m getting into my boat now!
- Revisit why your brand is best – what makes you different, what makes you better?
- Races are best won with a fast start – even if it’s not perfect.
- Plan your strategy now to win the new consumers – get your brain trust, your advisors together.
PERHAPS AT NO OTHER TIME IN OUR RECENT ECONOMIC HISTORY, “IF YOU SNOOZE, YOU WILL LOSE!”